Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Quirky Art Shrines that Have a Purpose

This one's purpose is pretty transparent- I forgot to take pic's of the inside of the top part- will get that to you eventually.




I guess I know what this one is supposed to be saying but it's just to dismal to discuss.





Just a silly take on the old fortune telling machines- this has been altered a bit since the picture was taken
Anti- Prescription Drug Shrine- Too many have been brainwashed by "modern medicine", taking an overload of drugs and harmed in the process.

Seems OK at first- gosh, the doctor who knows all is prescribing them after all

Something goes wrong on the inside


Buddha Shrine to Bring Calming of the Mind so Action can be Taken- for a friend

The numbers have significance

Exterior done to look like aged leather- really it's paper mache

An antique Chinese Buddha sits in the shrine

Interior is aged


The Get My Friend to the Desert Art Shrine

Beer can Airstream gets an Arabic Magic Square to help it be more... well, magical

Arizona, New Mexico, any desert will do


My Find Me a Cheap House in Kentucky on The Ohio River Shrine- hey this one worked!

If I couldn't find a house I would have settled for a tipi

Or a big shack- wish I hadn't cut up that dollar- I could use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment