Saturday, September 12, 2009

More Kentucky Photographs- Straight from the Camera

Architectural details found in downtown Flemingsburg, Ky.

These are straight from the camera, no editing or manipulating. I'm working on my little netbook and have no editing programs at the moment. The purpose of my photography is to find and record unique architectural details, textures, shadows or reflections - it is an exercise in seeing what we normally pass right by.










The oddest steeple I have ever seen



Paint Surfaces


Iron star with a purpose- not made in China decoration for ranch homes

Shutter hold back


Iron fence with historic church

Presbyterian Church 1819 - note the 12 over 12 windows


Sorry about the 7up machine but it's a consequence of modern life, whoops, I see a garbage can too. This is so not Central Ohio where I just came from, where everything is high tech and costly, I like this so much better. Somehow just a lot more sane.





Incredible totem poles at the Herman Chittison Celebration of the Arts in Flemingsburg- carved by Louis Magda from Morehead, Ky.

No comments:

Post a Comment